Terms & conditions
All Participants agree to the terms and conditions set out below when registering for the ZOO RUN – A fundraiser fun run put on by Wildlife Emergency Ltd.
By completing the registration ZOO RUN registration or Volunteer form I hereby declare that I am participating in this event entirely at my own risk. I acknowledge that all persons directly or indirectly involved in organising this event are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by me or others relating to my participation in the event whether as a result of negligence or otherwise. I agree to indemnify Wildlife Emergency Ltd, ZOO RUN, the host zoo/ wildlife parks, the sponsors and all officials against any and all claims arising from my participation in the ZOO RUN fun run. I agree to abide by the rules laid down by the organisers at all time.
By registering and taking part in a ZOO RUN I am state and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the event. Entrants are strongly encouraged to have a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
On the day of the ZOO RUN each entrant agrees to abide by any advice given by the Event’s medical officers regarding their health and consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment, including transport by ambulance, required before, during or after the Event. Entrants are advised against the consumption of alcohol or stimulants or any kind of drugs within 24 hours of the Event. The Organizer reserves the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the Event to prevent them from causing greater harm or injury to themselves. Should any participant feel unwell or experience any pain/discomfort in the course of the Event they should stop and seek immediate medical attention at designated medical posts.
I can also state and verify that I do not have any physical or intellectual impairment that may make my participation unsafe for myself or others on the day of the ZOO RUN.
By completing this registration form I hereby declare that I am volunteering at the ZOO RUN of my choice that I am entirely at my own risk. I acknowledge that all persons directly or indirectly involved in organising this event, Wildlife Emergency Ltd, ZOO RUN, hosts of ZOO RUNs, sponsors etc. are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by me or others relating to my participation in the event (whether as a result of negligence or otherwise). I agree to indemnify Wildlife Emergency Ltd, ZOO RUN, the sponsors, and all officials against any and all claims arising from my participation in the ZOO RUN fundraising event. I agree to abide by the rules laid down by the organisers at all times
Rules for the race day
1. As the safety and welfare of the host of the ZOO RUN animals is a priority, Entrants must follow all directions and signs relating to the animals and not attempt to interfere with or interact with any animal.
2. As Entrants are completing the Event course outside of the host Zoo/ Wildlife park normal operating hours Entrants must remain within the marked course for the Event. If any person leaves the designated run area or attempts to leave the area they may be asked to leave at the discretion of the Organizer or host zoo/wildlife park staff.
3. Entrants must remain on the designated course marked by the Organiser, signs and other barriers. Anyone leaving the marked course will be asked to leave and disqualified from participating in the Event.
4. Entrants agree to follow all directions given by the Organizer and host zoo/wildlife park staff members in relation to the Event.
5. All entrants must wear the official race bib at all times during the Event.
6. Entry is only valid for the individual Entrant registered and is non-transferable. Entrants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registration is confirmed.
7 All Entrants must walk or run unassisted. Bikes, skateboards, rip sticks, rollerblades or similar items are prohibited for safety reasons. Please see the “Children” section for conditions relating to prams and strollers.
8. Entrants must wear appropriate footwear for a running event.
9. Dogs and or other domesticated pets are not permitted with the exception of guide dogs which are subject to the terms and conditions of entry set by the Zoo / Wildlife Sanctuary and must be arranged in advance.
10. A course cut off time will apply to the Event. Any entrant who is unable to complete the course by the cut off time will be asked to leave the course by race officials for safety reasons.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
1. Registration for the Event must be completed online via Register Now website.
2. Places in the Event are strictly capped and cannot be exceeded.
3. Places in the Event are allocated according to the date of payment, not the date of online registration.
4. Unless sold out sooner, registration for each event will be posted on the ZOO RUN host page at www.zoorun.com.au . If places are still available, the time for registration may be extended up to race day at the discretion of the Organiser.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons or explanation.
6. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete registration entry details or non-receipt of entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
1. Payment of the registration fee must be made by credit card or paypal on the Register Now website.
2. In addition entrants are responsible any applicable credit card fee.
3. After payment of the registration fee is received entrants who do not eventually take part in the Event for any reason whatsoever are not entitled to refund of the fee or other monies paid (subject to any requirements at law to the contrary). Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw before or during the Event or should the Event be cancelled or changed due to reasons beyond the control of the Organizer (e.g. due to safety reasons or extreme weather conditions) the registration fee is non-refundable (subject to any requirements at law to the contrary). An alternative race day may be organized at the discretion of the Organizer.
1. Children aged 14 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the Event.
2. Children aged 3 and under, riding in a pram or stroller, are free with an accompanying parent or guardian. Children aged 3 and under will not receive a shirt or race bib.
3. Children in strollers/ prams are permitted on the 2km route only and must commence at the rear of the race start.
4. Strollers and similar devices must meet Australian Safety Standards and have appropriate safety restraints. As some sections of the route are unsealed it is recommended that “jogging prams” or similar are used as these have pneumatic tyres whereas umbrella prams or similar prams with hard tyres may be difficult.
5. Parents / Guardians are legally responsible for their child at all times during this Event.
6. Entrants below 18 years of age must obtain parental or guardian consent before registering for the Event. Registration implies consent has been obtained.
1. Prizes will be awarded to valid Entrants crossing the finish line in the designated categories and finishing positions detailed on the Prizes page on the zoorun.com.au website.
2. To be awarded any of the prizes, in the ZOO RUN (route distance determined by host zoo) 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize categories, Entrants must be registered by the Organizer and must present themselves at the finishing area to claim their prize. Winners in the Highest Fundraiser or Highest Fundraiser Team do not have to be there on the day to collect their prize. They must be registered with Everyday Hero. This prize will close the day before the ZOO RUN at 12:00 midday.
3. If the prize winner is ineligible, the Entrant will forfeit their prize and the prize will be awarded to an eligible Entrant.
4. All Entrants accept that the Organizer’s decision is final and that no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other prizes.
You consent to Wildlife Emergency, ZOO RUN collecting, holding, using and disclosing any information provided or submitted by you to Wildlife Emergency / ZOO RUN including any personal information under the Privacy Laws for:
- offering and providing you with our services and the Wildlife Emergency and ZOO RUN websites;
- managing and administering those services;
- organisational purposes in respect of the Event, including providing information about the current event, or future events;
- preparing reports to industry bodies;
- providing you with news and information about our organisation;
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services;
- assessing your eligibility for employment within our organisation;
- engaging you to provide services to us or on our behalf;
- conducting internal research and statistical analysis;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- providing you with information about new products, services and promotions either directly from us which may be of interest to you;
- Providing your personal information directly to specially selected sponsors/ prize donations so that you may collect any prizes from the ZOO RUN event.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us or our specially selected sponsors.
Use of image
Entrants consent to the use of their name, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to the Event by the Organizer. Thereby giving consent to the event organisers and approved ZOO RUN hosts and sponsors using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in the event, at any time, to promote the event by any form of media.
Regional ZOO RUNs
By registering for a regional ZOO RUN your contact details will be passed onto the host Zoo/ Wildlife park / event organiser for the purpose of identifying who is registered at the event and who to contact in an emergency (emergency contact details). We will only supply participant name, any team name and emergency contact details to the host of a ZOO RUN event.
Wildlife Emergency, ZOO RUN and all hosts of a ZOO RUN requires that you be 18 years and over to be eligible to fundraise online via the hosts web page.
Extreme weather Cancellation or Right to delay
Wildlife Emergency / ZOO RUN and its organisers strive to ensure that they provide a duty of care to all participants and staff, with the wellbeing of individuals being of highest importance. In cases of extreme weather or other emergencies, the event organisers will make the decision to cancel the event. Notice of event cancellations will be made at least two hours prior to the scheduled start time. Notification of cancellation will be posted on the homepage of www.zoorun.com.au or the ZOO RUN host or by phoning the event organisers. Cancelled events will not be rescheduled. No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled.
The Organizer reserves the right to delay the commencement of the Event in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event without refund of registration fees.
By registering for the Event or donating funds to Wildlife Emergency, ZOO RUN or host of a ZOO RUN charity , I agree that no refunds shall be provided due to change of mind or circumstance.